Search This Blog

Word of the day:

thankful

Thursday, March 8, 2012

March!

I love spring! Even though we seemed to skip winter this year.

I survived the Valentine's Day craziness. It was so much different this year. I had to stock and fill orders for Live•Love •Paper, Integrative Manual Therapy and Wellness, The New Leaf, and a tasting at Let's Talk Wine. I made over 2,000 pieces of chocolte. It was definitely a crazy few weeks! I am so happy to be a part of the celebrating! I had one sweet couple that came in separately (and secretly) to buy chocolates for each other! So sweet!! I ended the day with flowers and a husband cooked dinner, very kind, then a wicked 4 day migraine. I have decided I need helpers from November through Valentine's.

There are somany great things about working from home (mostly), but it is so nice being able to be available for my boys. They all enjoy coming out and helping in the chocolate room from time to time, it is precious time I wouldn't get if I was doing this out in a kitchen.

After the migraine came the stomach flu, for the majority of my household, including myself! Never a dull, or easy moment. Needless to say, there hasn't been much chocolate made, especially given that Valentine's Day used up 99% of ALL my supplies. I did get to paint the chocolate room (again). The chocolate arrived 2 days ago, so.... As soon as the room is put back together I will get out there and start creating fun flavors. Ok, after my son's 11th birthday which includes cupcakes to school, then our "family" party, then a house full of boys on Saturday with a sleep over and video game marathon. Did I mention the soccer practices, crew practices and a currently out of the area hubby? Oh, and also, I am expanding my product line! Vegan chocolates and caramel and a few gluten free baked goods here and there.

I am now 7 months into having set up shop in Live•Love•Paper. I have met some remarkable people and I have the most loyal chocolate customers! I do wish I could be in 2 places at once though! I am glad to be able to help out Sharon by being the morning shopkeeper! New businesses are tough, especially brick and mortar small, local businesses. Keeping my website up and running has been hard enough, thankfully have met an amazing, talented young graffic artist who is taking care of that for me!!!

I will post some chocolate photos soon, but the sun is shining and the trees are blooming, i just want to get outside for a bit!

No comments: